Seeing as how we’re north of 500 blog posts (as of May 2017), it’s probably too late for a Frequently Asked Questions post, but here it is anyway.
- This is the blog of Old Structures Engineering. Most of the posts are written by me (Don Friedman) but not all.
- Topics include pretty much anything touching on civil engineering, history, historic preservation, and New York City, with special emphasis on topics that combine two or more of those basic issues.
- We generally put up one post per day, skipping holidays, but that can change.
- Posts are usually written a week or two before they are published.
- Unattributed pictures are either ours or in the public domain.
- Clicking on pictures usually gets you a larger version of them.
- We don’t allow comments because we’re busy working on engineering projects and don’t have time to address comments. That said, if you take the time to email us about something in the blog, we’ll respond.
- This post will stay at the top of the heap for now. New posts will appear below.